Monday 6 February 2012

My first big adventure!...The Wedding of Seonaid and Andy Watson

 As soon as I realised I could... I volunteered to create Seonaid and Andy's wedding cake...and what an adventure!  Their colour scheme was white and blue and they wanted to create a winter wonderland theme. Seonaid and Andy, along with their family became a massive part of the design process and also enjoyed the regular cupcake tasting sessions as I perfected my recipe ideas!  This was my first wedding, so I had a lot of preperation to do.  I had also taken on the challenge of creating cake pops and push ups too, to go on their favour table of sweets for the guests.

I would NOT have got this done without the help I had!  My mum and I worked so hard getting everything done.  The biggest disaster happened 2 night's before the wedding when I started baking the cakes and the oven door broke!  Ooops!  The seal went, which meant all of the cupcakes I had baked had sunk...I had to start again, using another oven, which meant things took longer than expected!  Argh!  My mum and I worked through the night both nights, having a few hours sleep the first and only two hours the second.  In the 48 hours before the wedding my mum gained many skills, including piping with a Wilton 1M and how to create cake pops and cake push ups!  Haha!  On the day we also had a little extra help from my friend Katy with the last bits of preperation. 


The final cake design was a mix strawberry and cream cheese, chocolate and vanilla cupcakes, mini cupcakes and muffins on a mirrored cupcake stand decorated with 16 small rose sprays in purple, white and blue. I kept the final design from Seonaid, so it was a surprise on the day!  (Which didn't help with my stress levels!  haha!)  But all the work was worth it when I saw how pleased Seonaid was when she saw it!



The two cupcakes on the top had an 'A' and an 'S', especially for Andy and Seonaid.




Everyone seemed to enjoy the cake push ups!...


And ....relax!   A successful day... a very happy bride and groom... a beautiful winter wonderland created... a lot of fun had...  and a day of seeing everyone enjoy my cakes and treats!  Phew!


No comments:

Post a Comment