Friday 22 June 2012

The Big Session Festival!

When I was invited to be part of the Sculpture Park at the Big Session Festival I jumped at the chance!  Free music festival, meeting new people and other artists, experiencing new live music, an opportunity to exhibit my sculptures... and just lots of fun!

www.bigsessionfestival.com




 Me and Bobby had a great time listening to the music and we discovered some new great bands.  We also made some new friends.  The weather was not good to us tho.  Let's just say that I am glad I work in a material that is water-proof!  ... it rained for the whole weekend and at times the wind was so strong I was worried for the safety of my sculptures!


 






Wilbert seemed very at-home in the outdoors!

Here are some photos taken of people out and about in the sculpture park...


The alligator with the little boy on it was made by Donna Bramall.


Favourite food of the weekend...  Bobby had 4 lots of the Mexican Special!!!

Uttingly Scrumptious was even commissioned to create a festival cake for the final day!  
I did it in a victoria sponge with vanilla buttercream and raspberry jam filling... YUM!  
I was trying to create a 'British summer time' feel with the traditional victoria sponge and in true British style the heavens opened just as we were about to cut into the cake!  haha!  
The cake still went down well tho with lots of "wow's" and "mmm's" all round!  :)


Overall a great weekend!  Wet,windy and wild!  
An exciting weekend for both Uttingly Scrumptious and for my ceramics. 
I also found it very inspiring and my head is buzzing with new ideas... bigger ideas!  
Watch this space  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment